Friday, April 22, 2011

Hasta pronto


I wrote this in the last week of being in Oaxaca, and although I've arrived safely home to the U.S. I feel given the time and opportunity I would not hesitate to hop on any plane headed back to Oaxaca.

Events have been passing

Hell’s heat the sun is surpassing

Projects and fieldtrips have been great

But I don’t want to think about time’s rate

Faster than a Mexican driver


I should become a contriver


Of a way to stay a few more months here


But go home immediately to those that are dear

Even writing this reflection


Has me missing out some new connection


I’m in love with my swim team


A Mexican experience I didn’t dream


My music class is something new


If music was an animal, the class is a zoo

Tezoatlan, Pasatono, and fat chicken whistles


The fun this poem only belittles!


So please check out the pics


To understand the short and quick


Of all the things that have the semester sick!


muchisimo amor,

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment